Dear Talking book and braillebook readers,
More and more a discussion comes up concerning the production of
Talking books by synthesizers: record the "voice" of the
synthesizer on a regular tape / cassette and copy / distribute
I would like to know your opinion on this?
- Is the speech quality of the synthesizers good enough?
- Are the seem requiremnets valid that are used for human readers?
- What do you think of indexing on cassettes by a synthesizer reader?
- What kind of books can be read by synthesizers?
- For which target group do you think synthesizer-recorded books
can be produced?
- Is it a good idea to produce and distribute synthesizer read
talking books on a larger scale? What are in general the
advantages and disadvantages?
Be so kind to give your personal view / thoughs on this item.
At the end of january a seminar is planned in Copenhagen
(danmark) on the future of talking books. This is one of the items
and I've honor of giving a speech on this item. I would like to
know though a bit more about the opinion of users that do have
experiences and/or thoughts about the subhect.
Please send me your thoughts!
Best regards and thanks,
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Sun Dec 02 2012 - 01:30:03 PST