National Federation of the Blind of California
2017 Scholarship Guidelines
The National Federation of the Blind of California annually awards scholarships to qualified blind students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in order to achieve an academic degree.
The NFBCA will award up to three scholarships in 2017 worth a total of $5,000. As well as the scholarship, other expenses directly related to the convention will be covered, such as: airfare, Amtrak, finalist’s portion of the hotel room for three nights, convention registration, banquet, luncheon, and game night.
Eligibility Requirements Are:
1. Applicant must be legally blind.
2. The applicant must be a full time student in the Fall of 2017 and show proof of enrollment.
3. Applicant must submit transcripts from college showing a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher.
4. Applicants must submit 1 letter of recommendation.
5. Finalists must attend the NFB of California Convention held November 2, 2017 – November 5, 2017 at the Embassy Suites Milpitas.
6. Completed applications and all required documents must be postmarked by October 16, 2017 or submitted electronically by midnight October 23, 2017. All documents should be uploaded to the Scholarship form. Please submit all of the requested forms: unofficial transcripts, proof of enrollment, and 1 letter of recommendation.
Click here to complete the scholarship application online.
Please contact the Scholarship Chairperson, Jana Littrell, at 510-847-1293, if you have any questions.