National Federation of the Blind of California
2016 Scholarship Guidelines
The National Federation of the Blind of California annually awards scholarships to qualified blind students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in order to achieve an academic degree.
The NFBC will award three scholarships in 2016. Two in the amount of $1,500 and one in the amount of $2,000. This application covers all of the scholarships. Expenses which will be paid for are: airfare, Amtrak, finalist’s portion of the hotel room for three nights, convention registration, banquet ticket, Diabetes Action Network Luncheon on Saturday, October 22nd, 2016.
Eligibility Requirements Are:
1. Applicant must be legally blind. Include a proof of blindness letter from your Doctor, Rehabilitation Counselor, or your Disabled Students Office at your college.
2. The applicant must be a full time student in the Fall of 2016 and show proof of enrollment.
3. Applicant must submit transcripts from college showing a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher.
4. Applicants must submit 3 letters of recommendation.
5. Finalists must attend the NFB of California Convention held October 21st – October 23rd, 2016 at the Embassy Suites LAX South in El Segundo. Finalists should arrive on Thursday, October 20th, 2016.
6. Completed applications and all required documents must be postmarked by September 21st, 2016 or submitted electronically by midnight September 21st, 2016. All documents should be uploaded to the Scholarship form. They are the proof of blindness, unofficial transcripts, proof of enrollment, and 3 letters of recommendation.
Click here to complete the scholarship application online.