Convention Door Prize Info
This year, we will have both In Person & Virtual door prize drawings during state convention. Below you will find step-by-step instructions on how to submit a door prize for State Convention. If you wish to bring door prize(s) to State Convention please contact Tiffany Manosh either Thursday or Friday once at the hotel.
Door Prize Instructions
- Go to amazon.com and look for an item. This would be something you’d like to donate as a door prize. For example, I chose a SanDisk 32GB USB-2.0 flash drive, as It was cheap, will be available when the time comes and has broad appeal in our membership
- While on the product page for the item you want to donate, copy the website URL (web address) for that page so it can be pasted into the door prize web page.
- Once you have copied the URL, go to: https://web.nfbcal.org/doorprize.html There you will find a page where you can register as a door prize donor. It will want your name, address, phone number, name of the donating party, if you’re donating on a chapter’s behalf or on behalf of a group of people, a link to the item on Amazon’s web site and the price Amazon is charging for the item. Fill those items in and click next.
- Where it asks for the Amazon product’s URL (website address) paste the product’s URL which you copied above and paste it here. You will also need the price of the product.
- If you did not write down the price of the product return to the Amazon Product you wish to donate and find the price. Once you have the price go back to the donation page and enter the price on the form. The form will add an additional 12% to the final cost of the donation for PayPal fees, then press Submit.
- You will now be on a confirmation page where all the information you gave in step three is displayed for your verification. Make sure it is correct and, if it needs fixing, click your browser’s back button to make the changes and repeat this step. If all is well, you can click the Pay Now button, and you’ll be taken to PayPal’s web site where you can donate the cost of the donated item, to the NFB of California affiliate.
- Once you’ve paid, you’ll receive two emails. The first will be from PayPal, showing your payment and this will be the one you want to keep for your taxes if you deduct such donations. The second email will be from the door prize donation system and will show the information you verified in step six, above. Receiving the second email is a confirmation that your donation was received and that your donation has been submitted to the door prize coordinator and will be in the pool of door prizes given away at the convention. It’s important to know that if you don’t receive that second email, it’s highly likely the door prize coordinator didn’t receive your door prize either.