2024 National Federation of the Blind of California State Scholarship Application
Please read the below information carefully before beginning your application. The 2024 Scholarship Program deadline for submissions is Sunday, February 18, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
The National Federation of the Blind of California is seeking well-rounded, dynamic, and driven blind undergraduate and graduate students to apply for our 2024 state scholarship. We will award up to three scholarships in amounts of at least $1,000 to California residents or students attending a college/university within the state of California.
- Complete and submit this online application by Sunday, February 18, 2024 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- You must be legally blind and upload valid proof of legal blindness.
- Submit proof of full time enrollment for the 2024 school year. An unofficial transcript or an acceptance letter are both examples of proof of enrollment.
- Submit transcripts from the college/university you are or will be attending.
- Upload one letter of recommendation. This letter should come from someone who can speak to your academic/employment performance, leadership skills, extracurricular activities, community service, personal character, etc. Professors, supervisors, religious officials, NFB leaders, and community leaders are examples of people who may write a letter of recommendation.
- Upload a copy of your resume or CV.
- All finalists must attend the entire NFB of California Convention from March 14 – 17, 2024 held at the Marriott in Rancho Cordova. They must also attend all schedule scholarship programming and required events.
- Completed applications and all required documents must be submitted electronically by Sunday, February 18, at 11:59 PM. Finalists will be notified no later than Friday, February 23. All documents should be uploaded to the Scholarship form. Acceptable file formats include: .doc, .docx, and .pdf. No .jpeg files please! Incomplete applications will not be considered!
Please Note: When filling out the form it is best to use either a PC or Mac. If you experience any challenges while completing this form, please email scholarship committee member Gene Kim for assistance.
* Indicates required question