2018 NFBCA Scholarship Guidelines
The National Federation of the Blind of California annually awards scholarships to qualified blind students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in order to achieve an academic degree.
The NFBCA will award up to two scholarships in 2018 worth a total of $5,000. As well as the scholarship, other expenses directly related to the convention will be covered, such as: airfare, Amtrak, finalist’s portion of the hotel room for three nights, convention registration, banquet, breakfast, and Friday night activities.
- Applicant must be legally blind.
- The applicant must be a full time student in the Fall of 2018 and show proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must submit transcripts from college showing a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Applicants must submit 1 letter of recommendation.
- Finalists must attend the NFB of California Convention held October 25-28, 2018, at the LAX Marriot in Los Angeles.
- Completed applications and all required documents must be postmarked or submitted electronically by September 15, 2018. All documents should be uploaded to the Scholarship form. Please submit all of the requested forms: unofficial transcripts, proof of enrollment, and 1 letter of recommendation.