2011 NFBC Scholarships Available!
The National Federation of the Blind of California annually awards several scholarships to qualified blind students pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies in order to achieve an academic degree. This opportunity is also available to high school seniors preparing to enter undergraduate programs.
This year, scholarships include the Julie Landucci Scholarship, Lawrence “Muzzy” Marcelino Memorial Scholarship, Gerald Drake Memorial Scholarship, LaVyrl “Pinky” Johnson Memorial Scholarship. Scholarship amounts vary from two to five thousand dollars. This application covers all of these awards.
Eligibility Requirements Are:
- Applicant must be legally blind. Include a proof of blindness letter from either your Doctor, Rehabilitation Counselor, or your Disabled Students Office at your college.
- The applicant must be a full time student in the Fall of 2011 and show proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must submit transcripts from all colleges showing a G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher.
- Winners must attend the NFB of California Convention in Newark/Fremont, CA, October 13-16, 2011. Expenses will be paid for your transportation, your portion of the hotel room, convention registration and banquet tickets.
- Completed applications and all required documents must be postmarked by September 15th, 2011. All documents will be uploaded to the Scholarship form. They are the proof of blindness, Unoficial transcripts, proof of enrollment, and 3 letters of recommendation. Graduating high school students should submit a high school transcript and proof of enrollment for the Fall.